We've moved

... please go to www.kellydvorak.blogspot.com.
don't forget to update your link if you have one.
Thanks for reading!

Ever wonder why the title: Never the Same Page? Brendan and I started the blog together, and what is the truest thing about us? We are almost never on the same page about things. We are as opposite as opposites get. TomAto, TomAHto... but we decided a long time ago not to call the whole thing off :)

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Competition

This is for the quirky questions file.. why is everything a competition?!? Especially when you're male?!?

Source of the question: supper conversation.

Brendan: Did you put jalapenos in the quesadillas?
me: No, the kids don't eat them as much when theres too much spice.
Brendan: bah! I'll make more.
me: why? theres plenty here...
Brendan: You just can't stand the heat! I can eat more jalapenos than you anyday!
me: how is this a competition? did I miss something?
Brendan: (now chopping furiously) no, I'm just saying... I can eat more hot stuff than you can... do we have any cayenne pepper?
me: ...huh?


Brendan: (later, now eating his own 'improved' quesadillas, after the rest of the family has practically finished supper) Son, did you try one of these that I made? I bet you can't stand the heat!
young Brendan (aka Owen): (pulls up a chair) Bring it on. (note: he's already eaten a full meal.)
Brendan: how many can you handle? I've eaten 3. Look, your mom's eyes are watering just from eating those little pieces of chicken I left in the pan!

... I'm sure that is enough for you to get a good glimpse of the supper 'competition' in our house tonight. Am I strange to think this is strange?!!??!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, from one friend to another - this is not a strange scenario at all. The only part you are missing is when Brendan says to young Brendan after eating too many, with eyes watering and runny nose is 'Take it like a man, son!'

I wish I could join you!

Anonymous said...

I love it. I feel like I had dinner with yuo guys...

Paul said...

I am having hard time picturing Brendan handling any kind of heat...or if by heat you meant sugar, candy canes, and unicorns and rainbows then yes Brendan can handle those...I remember one time Brendan told me that he got a cuticle push and lavender rub twice a week, but that's only because his doctor said he wasn't getting enough lavender. A man among men if you ask me...:)

Anonymous said...

reading this was so hilarious! i miss eating with you guys (perhaps i'll get you guys a jar of curry for Christmas :) like last year...i'll bet brendan's pores was sweating jalepenos that nite (or did it exit his body in other ways -- hehe)

Sheryl said...

That's hilarious! I can just imagine that entire scene.