We've moved

... please go to www.kellydvorak.blogspot.com.
don't forget to update your link if you have one.
Thanks for reading!

Ever wonder why the title: Never the Same Page? Brendan and I started the blog together, and what is the truest thing about us? We are almost never on the same page about things. We are as opposite as opposites get. TomAto, TomAHto... but we decided a long time ago not to call the whole thing off :)

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Just a bit of bragging...

Definitely time for a post to replace that ridiculous and controversial business Brendan posted! I can't believe people get so consumed with football, boggles my mind. I posted last week about being inspired to share about my awesome (albeit slightly offensive, see afore-mentioned post!) husband. I'm now inspired to share about my awesome kids. They do drive me crazy on a very regular basis, I think all parents say that, but on the whole they're pretty great. Here's a bit of what makes them so great;

Owen is hilarious. He learned from his dad that humor is the best medicine and keeps things light in our family much of the time by being a prankster and a goof. He is in a band here in Hepburn, they are still un-named, but there are some photos and a bit of video at Pauls blog, see link below left. This band is having another opportunity to play in December, so he is pretty excited about that. He is also a pretty good sport and learning what it means to be on a team and how to be considerate of others more and more each day. I'm thinking he might soon learn to be good to his sister! His friends are important to him, and he is helpful and loyal, its awesome to watch him interact with his buddies. (its also downright comical most of the time, no matter what they're doing they make me laugh!)

Sydney is sweet Sydney as always. She recently planned a surprise party for her teacher (with a friend) and they managed to coordinate a bunch of details (seriously, they could have given a professional event planning firm a run for their money!!) She had lists, agendas, schedules, food plans, trophies, baking... unbelievable. She is always looking for ways to bless people and tries to do special things for everyone she knows. Her singing has returned to grace our home after being on a break for a few months, and did I ever miss it! She really sings like an angel, and I'm not just saying that because I'm biased, she has talent!! Lately, she's really been working on her creative and artistic side, spending tons of time drawing, coloring, sketching, scrapbooking and singing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like Owen is changing a lot and I don't like it one bit.... Well I'm happy for him and all but I'm missing all of it!!! This is just not good at all...

Paul said...

Owen is hilarious!

Sheryl said...

Sydney is really talented... I'd like to see more of her great drawings :)

Ben and Ang said...

I miss your kids now! By the way,
I am curious, is Brendan wearing a Riders hat? We weren't able to listen to the game in the Philippines due to no internet, so as soon as we got home we listened to the game on CJOB audio vault and pretended it was live. We were sad at the end, but it was an exciting game that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

hilarious??

Anonymous said...

...what did you want me to say other than hilarious? He's a good boy who wears his mittens and zips up his jacket and doesn't ride his bike on icy roads?

Anonymous said...

right....