We've moved

... please go to www.kellydvorak.blogspot.com.
don't forget to update your link if you have one.
Thanks for reading!

Ever wonder why the title: Never the Same Page? Brendan and I started the blog together, and what is the truest thing about us? We are almost never on the same page about things. We are as opposite as opposites get. TomAto, TomAHto... but we decided a long time ago not to call the whole thing off :)

Thursday, November 22, 2007

The green and white shite


There I said it. I feel better now. Living in small town Saskatchewan has been totally awesome. Everybody's friendly, kind of like a "cheers" thing where "everybody knows your name". (except for the fact that this is a dry town and cheers was a bar) It was a kind of utopia...until recently. The dirty looks, the punch in the ribs in the store and the booing as I drive by. I couldn't figure it out, I wondered why the cash register was always under repair at the grocery store, why the gas pumps always seemed to be out of order when I pulled up. As I thought about it I sort of came up with a theory so here it goes.

Let's say you were a rabid fan of let's say a football team, and that this said team was...how shall I put it...embarassing. You know, the kind of team that when you go to watch it, you put a paper bag on your head so that nobody recognizes you.(not that there are many others sitting in the stands to recognize you) Anyways, let's say that this certain team has had a stroke of luck, the kind of luck that comes around..hmm...every 28 years or so. Well you would notice that all sorts of these..let's for our purpose call them "banjo picking inbreds", come out of their soddies and mud huts and invade the streets of our once proud town causing all sorts of trouble for upstanding citizens like myself. Thankfully this is a phenomenon omly occurs every 28 years or so, and by then these mud hut dwellers will hopefully have learned to be proper by emulating one such as myself.

Now I'm a patient man who realizes that there will be a certain end to this madness. It will be a swift and painful end, resulting in many, many, many green tears. But do not be sad Rider fans as you know that you will be able to take your paper bags off before another 3 decades have passed.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brendan! I hope no one really reads our blog. You're very funny, but this is bordering on offensive... I hope people in our town (the ones living in the mud huts) are forgiving!!

Anonymous said...

I hope all those tears they cry on Sunday don't wash the mud huts away!

Anonymous said...

You certainly know how to say it best! Imagine living in say... Winnipeg and being a Saskatchewan fan... hmmm I think I know what your feeling!! :)

Anonymous said...

True, but there are no mud huts or soddies in winnipeg

Paul said...

Ohh Brendan! First England is out of Euro's and Russia is IN, second Oilers and Flames just keep loosing, and now this how can you even lift your head up in pride of a team that will be owned on Sunday! I challenge you sir that if Riders win that you print this post out and eat it! Do you accept this challenge? And the punch in the ribs was because i thought you were packing heat and were going to be on a rampage shooting people (you are from Winnipeg after all) but luckily you left it at home...
;)


PS - we love your misled ways here in Hepburn! :)

Anonymous said...

I'll go one better. If the riders win on Sunday, I will buy a rider hat and wear it for a year.

Paul said...

You are ON sir you are ON...I think green looks good on you and it will look brilliant starting Monday!

Sheryl said...

Alright. No wonder they had to change "Friendly Manitoba" to something else. Everyone knew it just didn't fly. I dont think we can be friends anymore...

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry sheryl, most of this doesn't apply to you as people in blaine lake live in grass huts not ones made from mud.

Anonymous said...

I love keeping up with your life in Hepburn! (banjo picking inbreds?)Good thing you don't live in the south!!

Rebecca Eidse

Kelly said...

Bec; I hope you come back and see this ... that ridiculous comment about banjo picking... is tied to the football rivalry between Riders and Bombers fans/teams.... its become a well known reference (unfortunately!)

Sheryl said...

I find it interesting how ALL my manitoba acquaintances have all these SK jokes just ready to put out there at every opportunity. It's as though you have nothing better to do than think of SK and what to say to us. I think you're all trying to overcompensate...

Paul said...

I EXPECT A GREEN HAT TO BE WORN BY YOU BRENDAN FROM NOW ON!!!!!!!!!!NOT EVEN SURE HOW YOU CAN EVER LIVE THIS DOWN!!!!!!!!! RIDERS ARE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bren, where are you? Why have you not come out to play? I have been reading these comments and quite enjoying myself - but it all came to an abrupt halt on Sunday afternoon..... Bren.... are you hiding in your mud hut?
Lorrie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Two words...Kevin glenn. You all know that if he played it would all be different. next year baby, next year!

Jadon said...

I have several words... Matt Dominguez, Wes Cates, Maurice Lloyd, Corey Holmes, Josh Ranek, DJ Flick, etc, etc... We had no healthy running backs, therefore no running game and many of our players should not have been playing. We had the most injuries in the CFL, yet you never heard this once, because we don't make excuses and whine.
Case closed... stop whining Bomber Whiners!

Anonymous said...

ok, sorry, we lost. now you only have 7 less trophies in your case than us!!