We've moved

... please go to www.kellydvorak.blogspot.com.
don't forget to update your link if you have one.
Thanks for reading!

Ever wonder why the title: Never the Same Page? Brendan and I started the blog together, and what is the truest thing about us? We are almost never on the same page about things. We are as opposite as opposites get. TomAto, TomAHto... but we decided a long time ago not to call the whole thing off :)

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Everyday Spirituality

For years, I've dreamed of taking a course or two at Regent College, I'm not sure where I first heard of their course offerings, but I've looked longingly at their webpage many times. I finally signed up for one of their Con. Ed. Distance courses a couple of weeks ago, and I am really enjoying the lectures and coursework. I now have a reading list as long as my arm - thankfully, I already had some of the books and I happen to have access to a pretty great library at Bethany :o). The course I'm taking is called Everyday Spirituality, and its focus is on helping particpants live out an inviting spirituality - not only in the context of their traditionally "religious" activities, but particularly in the context of their day to day experiences.
I have a few big assignments that I'm looking forward to: a research paper on Consumerism, another on Couple spirituality (Brendan has agreed to work on this with me!), and yet another (I hope) on spirituality as it is lived out in rural contexts. (like Hepburn) - I have to get special permission to adapt the assignment for that one, so it may not materialize... I also have to journal and share about 'spiritual conversations', which should prove to be very interesting. I'm sure there'll be more about this educational journey in the days and weeks to come...

4 comments:

Paul said...

Hey You guys have a blog!! Great! Looking forward to reading your thoughts! And Brendan's rants :)

Anonymous said...

Those assignments sound right up your alley. Did you pick them from a list or something?

Kelly said...

Karen; yup, I picked those from a list. I hope that its about more than a mark or credits; I tried to choose topics that were meaningful to me. :0)

Kelsie-Lynn said...

I love that you are studing while working and being a mom. Such an example to me since I long to be a student again..maybe I will just bight the bullet and do it. Thanks Kelly.