We've moved

... please go to www.kellydvorak.blogspot.com.
don't forget to update your link if you have one.
Thanks for reading!

Ever wonder why the title: Never the Same Page? Brendan and I started the blog together, and what is the truest thing about us? We are almost never on the same page about things. We are as opposite as opposites get. TomAto, TomAHto... but we decided a long time ago not to call the whole thing off :)

Saturday, May 31, 2008

a little break for dreamin'


So, its Saturday afternoon and it's gorgeous outside, and I'm sitting at work doing the budget for next year. I like doing budgets.. and I love to work lots .. (probably unhealthily so...) but today I'm kinda wishing this was done. I'm hitting a bit of a wall after a few hours of staring at spreadsheets, so I figured I'd take a break.

I'm sitting at my desk dreaming of going to Otter Falls in a few short weeks.... Otter Falls is a little resort area on Dorothy Lake? Eleanor Lake? Not sure, but it's in the Whiteshell, which is a provincial park on the Manitoba/Ontario border. My three sisters and our families, and our dad, head out there for the first week in July every year. We rent two side by side cabins, equipped with hot tubs and a view.. we're surrounded by water on three sides. If we don't want to swim right at our cabin, there are at least 4 nice beaches within a short drive or long-ish bike ride.

The TransCanada trail is going through the Whiteshell, so its nice to see that develop a little each year. After a massive storm in May last year, there were still fallen trees along the path I like to ride my bike on, it was an adventure!

Our week of vacation includes lots of reading, eating, visiting, bike riding, strolls, and even a shopping trip into Lac du Bonnet. (anglicized to be 'lack-de-bonnie by Manitobans!) Last year I bought my interview dress for Bethany in Lac du Bonnet... at a skateboard shop! (I hope it starts to fit again soon....!!)


Anyway, here are a couple of shots of previous holidays at Otter Falls... the first one is the whole fam out for ice cream, and the second one is of a bunch of cousins enjoying the hot tub. The pic at the top of the post is of one of my favorite brothers :o) .. He was fishing at dusk, that is right outside of the cabin. Nice, hey?




The best part of this little holiday is spending time with family!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kel, Bryqn here. I just read your blog and I am honoured to be at the top of the page. This is the second blog that I have read and I enjoy it. I miss you guy's and had a great time when we came out there. Keep blogging, say hi to the family. Oh ya I shaved my mustach off on Friday, it feels so good.

Anonymous said...

When me and Bry looked at the first photo we noticed their is a smoke in his mouth ... and probably something in the grass by his feet... It will be different for Bry this year seeing as though he'll be on call!

Anonymous said...

P.S. It's sure nice to have my husband back!! The sheriff is retired... forever!

Sheryl said...

Wow, Kelly, that cabin looks fabulous.. and a hot tub?

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Looks like an amazing place! I can't believe how much Owen & Sydney have grown sice that last pictue.

Sweetheart Fanny said...

Awww, little Sydney. How cute!

Anonymous said...

I cant wait! I want to go for a long walk and be with you guys and laugh and cry and just feel good. Hopefully I dont drive a bike into a forest this year and give myself another facelift.
What a cherished time.

Anonymous said...

I cant wait! I want to go for a long walk and be with you guys and laugh and cry and just feel good. Hopefully I dont drive a bike into a forest this year and give myself another facelift.
What a cherished time.