We've moved

... please go to www.kellydvorak.blogspot.com.
don't forget to update your link if you have one.
Thanks for reading!

Ever wonder why the title: Never the Same Page? Brendan and I started the blog together, and what is the truest thing about us? We are almost never on the same page about things. We are as opposite as opposites get. TomAto, TomAHto... but we decided a long time ago not to call the whole thing off :)

Friday, May 9, 2008

...some of the greatest people


... in the whole world live in Hepburn. Yup, I'm sure of it.

I just read Gil's most recent post; check it out here. Gil has this awesome way of making complicated things sound easy, thats probably why he is such a great teacher and is so appreciated by the students.

Earlier today, I had lunch with Neil, and we had great conversation about many interesting and diverse topics - like Canadian immigration and driving halfway to Pluto to buy lawn tractors.

Prior to that I met with one of the department heads at Bethany and we had a really helpful chat that inspired me. She makes multi tasking and keeping things organized look like a walk in the park on a sunny day. Our meeting ended with prayer and left me feeling like Someone much bigger than us had ordained our time together.

The day ended with some great encouragement from my new boss, Rick. I'm learning a lot from him and appreciate him more all the time.

I also had a great conversation with Wayne today, he doesn't actually live in Hepburn, he was my boss in Winnipeg. He's been undergoing cancer treatment for the past few months, and he called to let me know that the most recent scan revealed NO signs of cancer. He was pretty thrilled to be sharing that news!

So it was a great day of realizing how blessed I am/we are, how great it is to be in relationship with other people, as different as we all are.


3 comments:

Sweetheart Fanny said...

WHAT! I am NOT on your list of amazing people from Hepburn! Sacrilege! Hahaha! It's great you think that! Congrats to your old boss!

Anonymous said...

Chantal: You are definitely very high on the list of the awesomest Hepburnites ever. Looking forward to hanging out on Friday..
kelly

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you have so much encouragement around you. You were very brave to move to Hepburn, but it has quite obviously been a wonderful blessing for you, owen, syd, and bren. I still miss you though.
PS, I read your blog all the time, it is one of my favorite things to do...I usually even check it before my scrabble moves! Love you