We've moved

... please go to www.kellydvorak.blogspot.com.
don't forget to update your link if you have one.
Thanks for reading!

Ever wonder why the title: Never the Same Page? Brendan and I started the blog together, and what is the truest thing about us? We are almost never on the same page about things. We are as opposite as opposites get. TomAto, TomAHto... but we decided a long time ago not to call the whole thing off :)

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

finishing the thought from previous post.. and other randomness

A couple of weeks ago, Brendan and I picked up the mail and the front cover made my eyes hurt. Jesus has an identity crisis, according to the headline... huh? Why is everything about Jesus OUTRAGEOUS unless its in a publication called "Christianweek" or some like thing? Really ....
to be honest, I had typed a post about this last weekend, and then I lost it completely. I have troubles with blogger. (and other technology) The post I lost was obviously not meant to be. What I really think our (collective) response should be ... and this is my prayer... is captured in the words of a worship song. This song was playing in my head all week, and then we actually sang part of it in church last Sunday.
Men of faith rise up and sing
Rise up women of the truth
Rise up church with broken wings
This song encourages us -the church and its people - to contemplate and act... Maybe we've done enough sitting and being complacent? Maybe we should have a really big problem with articles like this, and the way our faith is portrayed in the media?
Other random stuff:
Work is wonderful chaos this week. Students will soon be leaving, and I am feeling pretty empty knowing that the college will soon be a lonely place. But, this weekend hasn't arrived yet and there is much to do.. grad, concert choir and commencement this weekend.. and Angie and her fiance Kyle are staying at our place so the house is as full as the schedule!
My Regent class is not going well.. I've written and re-written my first paper several times and I feel like a schmuck. I had this expectation that was totally wrong, and now I have to adjust my thinking to the reality rather than the way I thought it would. Thing was, I had been dreaming about the day I'd take this course from Regent for 10 years ... so, I guess I'll be asking for an extension and having my laptop surgically implanted at the end of my fingers for even longer. hurray!
Sydney did a speech for 4H today about using her singing voice and taking voice lessons. It was awesome.. she said something about being able to lose herself in singing, and what a sense of accomplishment it is to see her own improvement. I remember asking God a long time ago to show us those things about our kids that would be their safe place, their place of giftedness, a source of confidence, something that was in them only because He had made it so. For Sydney it was singing, and to hear her heart about it was awesome! She also danced in her recital in Waldheim last weekend and did an excellent job.
thats all for now... if you're a reader, let me know as I'm contemplating different options in blogging..

3 comments:

Kelsie-Lynn said...

I'm reading.

Unknown said...

I'm reading too! I hope your class gets better. I know you'll do great!

Anonymous said...

What other kinds of options... I read and really look forward to new posts! Excuse my tardiness this time. See you soon!!!!!!