We've moved

... please go to www.kellydvorak.blogspot.com.
don't forget to update your link if you have one.
Thanks for reading!

Ever wonder why the title: Never the Same Page? Brendan and I started the blog together, and what is the truest thing about us? We are almost never on the same page about things. We are as opposite as opposites get. TomAto, TomAHto... but we decided a long time ago not to call the whole thing off :)

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Success!

You know how busy families are always trying to make things work better, find balance, keep everything in tension? Mostly, it doesn't happen.
Mostly things are messy, disorganized, and frazzled.. chaos really is the order of the day in most households... except some rare occasions when the planets are rightly aligned...
Tonight was one of those rare occasions- for about 30 glorious minutes, I felt like I was managing it all. Not only adequately, but .. WELL. I baked up a great meal, even fed some of the kids friends, and the food was healthy. There were happy sounds coming from Owen downstairs and more happy sounds coming from the singing and dancing show being performed by Syd, Abbey, and Jamie in the living room. Brendan was running around, list in hand, working on some projects. There was no fighting or conflict anywhere! In the midst of this household full of bliss, I was also feeling like I had had a very productive day at work - two big projects crossed off my list this afternoon. It was a wonderful moment.

Alas, my normal state of feeling simply adequate (often inadequate!), behind, messy, chaotic and disorganized has returned. And you know, I think that I'm glad superwoman/supermom only shows up every once in a while... its hard to have good hair, healthy food, happy kids, and a clean house all the time!
Here is the recipe for the fabulously healthy meal I prepared. I'm sharing it because:
a) its fish, and everyone should eat more fish.
b) my sisters all read this blog and we each have 20 lbs of pickerel from our dad in the freezer.
c) four children devoured this meal. Owen had two helpings, the girls had three each. That says it all!
Greek Baked Fish
2 lbs haddock or other fish fillet (I used pickerel)
2 tbsp lemon juice
seasoning salt
2 tomatoes, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 9 X13 pan. Place fillets in pan, sprinkle with lemon juice and seasoning salt. Sprinkle with tomatoes, garlic, and oregano. Drizzle olive oil over the tomato topping. Top with crumbled feta cheese. Bake for 35 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork.
Enjoy ...

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

hmm.. I'll have to try that recipe when I get home!

p.s. I thought you WERE superwoman... my perceptions have been corrected (a little..)

Anonymous said...

I will for sure try that... I still have lisa's fish oops.

Anonymous said...

Karen still has my fish...I will try it the night I get my fish back...I wonder how many weightwatchers points????...

Anonymous said...

would this go well with the beet recipie that I didn't write down? Hint Hint....