We've moved

... please go to www.kellydvorak.blogspot.com.
don't forget to update your link if you have one.
Thanks for reading!

Ever wonder why the title: Never the Same Page? Brendan and I started the blog together, and what is the truest thing about us? We are almost never on the same page about things. We are as opposite as opposites get. TomAto, TomAHto... but we decided a long time ago not to call the whole thing off :)

Sunday, September 30, 2007

How its going.. and some random thoughts!


We use this blog primarily to stay in touch, so here is another update... followed by some random thoughts I've (Kelly) been having ... (I guess having a blog means I get to share those!)
We're all really settling in to Hepburn, Bren really experienced closure to his Winnipeg life after our visit last weekend - he got to officially say goodbye to his co-workers and the kids at VW School. He says he is feeling so much more peace and it's obvious. This week, he really made a lot of progress on the house projects he's been working on. We have the coolest central vac outlet in the kitchen, you just sweep the dust right into it. I think it's my favorite home reno project he's ever accomplished! (and he's done many in all our various homes!)
The kids are doing really well. Syd has a new horse obsession and we're really considering getting her one. Maybe not this year, but we've heard from a few people now that they longed for a horse when they were young and when they got one it was a dream come true. Part of a parent's job is to make their kids' dreams come true, right?!!?
Owen is connecting well with some good friends, and his gifts and strengths are being developed, we're seeing him grow in some encouraging ways. He's taken to wearing this ridiculous tuque around town, it has ear flaps and strings, he's quite a sight in his plaid shorts and tuque, riding around town with a guitar on his back. He wore this tuque with his snowsuit back when I could still get him to wear snow pants, its been around for a while. (so, its too small!) I guess this is a cool look, although I think its pretty outrageous.
As for me, I'm feeling blessed by a few new friendships, sensing that there are connections I'm making now that will be meaningful for many years. I also feel really blessed that some good Winnipeg friends have made significant efforts to stay in touch... (Carol, we'll set up that weekly prayer date yet!!)
In a conversation with my sister Lorrie about details of our life here, she said that it seems like we're all making great friends and that "there seems to be a lot of amazing people in that town" - that about sums it up - it feels like it really won't be long before we have as strong a sense of community, and not only that, but commitment to our community, as we did in Winnipeg.
And of course we're celebrating Thanksgiving next weekend with my sisters and their families.. we're very excited to show off our new town and home, I actually can't wait for them to arrive. (It'll be a long week of anticipation!)

okay, here some random thoughts: (only a couple since the update was long)




  • Why is it that we North Americans find it SO HARD to rest .. be forgiving with ourselves, lower our own expectations, and go with the flow?? I know I'm not alone in that, and I also know that in spite of lots of reflection on the subject of rest, I can't seem to get it right.


  • Why are there so many more people from SK who have a blog than in MB? Most of the people we've met here are 'bloggers' - very few of our friends in MB were. Just something I'm wondering about....!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Update: Yikes, I almost made a grave error and forgot about the ensuite on Seymour. That was the best reno Bren ever accomplished... the vacuum is a strong second though!

Anonymous said...

we payed someone to do the ensuite

Sheryl said...

we are bloggers in SK because there is so much to talk about out here...:)

Anonymous said...

Duke, you have now revealed yourself I was wondering.....

Anonymous said...

It's Syd's turn! Write, Syd! Write!

Ben and Ang said...

So good to be able to follow what is going on with your family- thanks for taking the time 9and we know it is a lot of time) to keep a blog up and going! We even have it on a feed so we know whenever it gets changed or updated. We miss and love you guys! We just got to Taiwan two days ago and are still suffering from jetlag, but everyone has been so welcoming- what a huge blessing! We will be starting language study on monday :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly. You want to know my secret about "rest"?? Well, since life seems to want to hand us such "busy" lives, I have taken to drinking a glass of hot milk before I go to bed. The secret is in the QUALITY of sleep and not the QUANTITY. It knocks me out - no tossing, turning, dreaming - just deep, glorious, rejuvenating sleep. I feel great even after 6 hours!! I used to see this in the movies and one night, after a restless sleep I decided to try it. It really works - at least for me it does. I know, it sounds disgusting but I slowly got used to it by adding about 1/2 tsp. of Quik in it and slowly weaned myself to NO Quik - just hot milk.
Auntie G from MB

Anonymous said...

that is a very good tip

Anonymous said...

that is a very good tip