We've moved

... please go to www.kellydvorak.blogspot.com.
don't forget to update your link if you have one.
Thanks for reading!

Ever wonder why the title: Never the Same Page? Brendan and I started the blog together, and what is the truest thing about us? We are almost never on the same page about things. We are as opposite as opposites get. TomAto, TomAHto... but we decided a long time ago not to call the whole thing off :)

Saturday, September 15, 2007

feeling ????????? (by Brendan)

The title has actual meaning, I'm not just being lazy. ???????????? describes how I feel right now about living here in Hepburn. If you don't know what ????????????? represents, let me give you a story to explain it. Say you've lived in city X for your whole life. You live on a wonderful street, have a job you enjoy, go to a church you love, ...you get the picture. The next thing you know, you're 800 km's from your home, in a small town in which live as many people as used to live on your old street, you have a different driver's licence, different licence plate and everybody cheers for the football team you've always hated. That is ???????????!
Don't get me wrong, when I got here there was 20+ people unloading my U-haul. Everybody waves at you and says hello. I even got invited to apply for a job while standing on the roof cleaning out my plumbing vents. I have and will continue to enjoy the Saturday night poker games. I've even ordered a soccer ppv match with some guys here. We are and have been very blessed and I have no doubt that we are in the place that God wants us to be at this time ... That does not change the fact that the unfamiliar has never been an enjoyable place for me. I at times am feeling like Alice in Wonderland, in a world that is not my own. I've even thought once or twice about just getting in the car and driving back to Winnipeg. The thing that most enables me to "be" where I'm at right now is that I know that there is no safer place than within the will of God and as much as I like to complain about my circumstances I truly know that we as a family are where we are because God has guided us and led the way.
So .... if you didn't understand what feeling ??????????????? meant before you read this I hope that I have enlightened you somewhat as to what feeling ?????????????? means to me.
Thanks for keeping in touch with our family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you write like a professional, are you a poet or something? are there any of your writings in print that i could purchase?

Anonymous said...

Yeah... you and Kelly both write so well. It makes reading your blog not only good for knowing what is going on but also it's like waiting for the next chapter in a great book!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brendan...I got to talk to Kelly for a long time last night but have not heard your voice in a long time. Your writing truly is awesome, a gift. You are so incredibly funny, I can't wait to visit with you again. Take care and keep writing.

Irene