We've moved

... please go to www.kellydvorak.blogspot.com.
don't forget to update your link if you have one.
Thanks for reading!

Ever wonder why the title: Never the Same Page? Brendan and I started the blog together, and what is the truest thing about us? We are almost never on the same page about things. We are as opposite as opposites get. TomAto, TomAHto... but we decided a long time ago not to call the whole thing off :)

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Randoms

Just some random things that have been going through my head this week:

Hope
Back when I worked at ICYA, we did a lot of discussing about our organizational vision and values, and the most often discussed concept was HOPE.
Hope, we realized, was the missing ingredient in the inner city. It was missing from individual lives, from families, from schools, from every place frequented by our youth. It was missing from their relationships with peers, teachers, parents, and other community members. I've never forgotten those discussions about what a difference hope makes, and what a emptiness there is without it. I've realized that the presence of absence of Hope is significant to all of us.
This week, in my own life, I have rested in the HOPE I have simply because I'm a child of God. Some things have disappointed me, and some things have surprised me, and some things have saddened me .. and I've felt HOPE in all of it. Not immediately, but ultimately. Hope that comes from knowing that as I abide, His plan does come together. The reality that it seldom (ever?) ends up like I've envisioned it just makes the HOPE sweeter and maybe even deeper.

Cuts and Curls
The local salon in Hepburn is one of the best things about living in this town. I love it there! Its sort of like a tv show, a place where locals gather. One day I called the school and left a message for Owen to go for a haircut later. He went, and didn't pay, (he had money) saying that his mom would look after it later. I did go in later that day for a tan, and paid Owen's tab. I hardly ever go there without running into someone I know. (and I've only lived here for six months!) and no matter what, either Jackey or Leslie is always there and they are ALWAYS in a great mood, super-friendly and happy to see everyone! Another reason why Hepburn is unique and a great place to call home!

Leading
I think/read about leadership, and I found this quote recently as I navigated away from the Emerging Women site: (regarding The Road to Spiritual Authority and Leadership):

"It is not won by promotion, but by many prayers and tears. It is attained by confession of sin, and much heartsearching and humbling before God; by self-surrender, a courageous sacrifice of every idol, a bold uncomplaining embrace of the cross, and by an eternal, unfaltering looking unto Jesus crucified. It is not gained by seeking great things for ourselves, but like Paul, by counting those things that are gain to us as loss for Christ. This is a great price, but it must be paid by the leader who would not be merely a nominal but a real spiritual leader of men (and women), a leader whose power is recognized and felt in heaven, on earth, and in hell." - Samuel Brengle, Salvation Army (this text was quoted here)

Thanks for reading. Have a great week! Looking forward to seeing our Winnipeg friends and family in a couple of weeks, as we're heading out there for Easter in a couple of weeks!

No comments: