We've moved

... please go to www.kellydvorak.blogspot.com.
don't forget to update your link if you have one.
Thanks for reading!

Ever wonder why the title: Never the Same Page? Brendan and I started the blog together, and what is the truest thing about us? We are almost never on the same page about things. We are as opposite as opposites get. TomAto, TomAHto... but we decided a long time ago not to call the whole thing off :)

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

remember, imagine

Cora Lynn posted about imagining ourselves in different lives. It got me thinking! What did I used to dream of?? What am I still dreaming of ??


  • When I was a little girl, I thought I'd be an archaeologist. I really wanted to study old stuff and learn about how people used to live.
  • I used to think I'd be an accountant in a big firm or organization. I envisioned myself focusing on organizational change, human resources, responsible fiscal management, and in general, being very clever. Making lots of money was also part of that plan.
  • I used to think that I would live and work and love in the North End of Winnipeg forever. I thought if I loved every hurting family, gang member, or prostitute that I met, their hearts would change. I think I cried for two years when I stopped working in the North End.
  • Stay at home mom. There's a job I've always wanted! I've always pictured a clean house, a much less rigid schedule, some varied volunteer work...getting down on paper that book I've been writing in my head for the last 10 years...
  • My most craziest, unlikely dream? I'd love to own a combination coffee shop/bookstore/bed & breakfast. It even has a name... "The Resting Place". I know this little town that could really use one of those...

I also polled my family about what they want to be when they grow up.

Sydney's response: I want to be famous. Don't ask me what's gonna make me famous, I'm only 10. I have lots of time to decide.

Owen's response: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (He's sleeping) But I know what he'd say: I want to be a skateboarder in a great rock band. (with Joey, Braden, and Ben... and Trev needs to learn keyboards!)

Brendan's response ( to the question "when you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?" : An Executive Director in a Residential Group Home. (good thing, I guess!)

1 comment:

Sweetheart Fanny said...

Good Guess about Owen! Hehehe!